Newcomer’s Guide to the LGBT+ Society
“Welcome to the University of Bristol LGBT+ Society! As implied by the + in our name, we welcome those of all gender and sexual minorities. If you are not currently out, or you are unsure about yourself, it’s no reason to worry – the society respects confidentiality and discretion on social media and elsewhere. We have many welfare support options for all students and a new anonymous contact service if you prefer not to be identified.
We hold coffee afternoons, pub quizzes, nights out, inter-university events and trips to other cities/abroad. The society is a great way to meet like-minded people, discuss LGBT+ issues within Bristol and further afield, and also have a lot of fun. To get started, we’ve included some steps below.
We are a friendly, welcoming and laid-back bunch, with an awesome variety of personalities and events that make our society so unique and successful. We look forward to meeting you!”
- Read our handbook to learn what we’re about.
- Join our closed Facebook Group to view all events and discussion.
- Sign up to our Parenting Scheme to meet new people and be placed in an LGBT+ family.
- Join our society officially on the Bristol SU website to enjoy all the membership benefits. There is no need to do this if you do not yet feel comfortable being a member – there is no pressure!
- Take a note of our welfare email in case of any worries or problems you may have during the year: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscribe to our Google Calendar by copying this link and join us at an event!